Pages

Thursday, 19 September 2013

My New Favourite Foundation



Ever since I posted a photo of this foundation on Instagram, I've had several people asking for a review on it, so I'm finally doing that today.

I've wanted this foundation pretty much forever but have always been put off by the price. £31 for a foundation is pretty ridiculous when you think about it, especially when you can pick one up from the drugstore for under a tenner. 

I've heard really great things about Chanel Vitalumière Aqua and the foundations that I owned before I bought this one weren't quite cutting it for me. They were either too light, too thick, too pink-toned or too shimmery and overall just not quite right so I really wanted a new foundation that I loved every aspect of.

Some time last year, I came extremely close to buying this product at House of Fraser, however when I asked for it, they had ran out of stock of the shade I wanted. I ended up never going back for it. However, when I did buy this, I had £20 boots voucher which meant I only had to pay £11 which made me feel a lot better about splashing out on a high-end foundation as I didn't really end up 'splashing out', I guess.

Enough of the rambling and on to the actual review. 

Packaging:
Upon first seeing the packaging of this product (well over a year ago now, probably), I didn't like it at all compared to Chanel's other foundations which come in a frosted (glass?) bottle.
However, I have grown to really love it as I'm not scared of it shattering in my makeup bag, it's a nice size and still manages to look sleek. It also has a small sort of "tip" which dispenses the product a million times better than any other foundation pump I've had because you can get the exact amount of product that you want out of it.

Scent:
I've never been one to love or hate scents on products, but a nice scent that doesn't irritate the skin is always a plus in a product for me. I actually quite like the scent of this foundation, it's quite fresh and almost something you would expect in a skin care product. Not my favourite of all scents, but not something I hate either!

Shade:
This is the most perfect shade for me ever. I'd always had it in my head of which shade I needed, which is B40 by the way, even though I didn't bother getting colour matched. Not the best thing to do if you want a foundation that matches your skin tone as close as possible, but luckily for me, it worked out pretty well.

Application and Coverage:
I apply this foundation using my fingers as it has quite a watery consistency. I then buff it over and blend it all in using either a Real Techniques buffing brush or expert face brush.
The coverage is light-to medium and very natural looking, making it perfect for the summer or for those days where you just want a lighter coverage. 

Wear:
For me, Chanel Vitalumière Aqua stays put quite well and with a small dusting of powder over the top it lasts me a good few hours!


Thanks for reading if you made it all the way through this super lengthy review, but I hope it helped if you're considering buying this product, as I'd definitely recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment